Education Programs and Tours
There is always something new to learn at the History Center for visitors of all ages!
The History Center offers a variety of engaging and meaningful opportunities, including tours and field trips, museum classes, Scout and family programs, continuing education for teachers, and more.
To learn more about our offerings, please visit any of the tabs on the navigation menu on the left.
Educators are invited to facilitate their own experience at a special rate during the early spring months. Gallery worksheets that direct students' time in the exhibits are recommended, which can be produced by educators or adapted from materials available in the Education Materials and Resources section of the website. Self-guided groups are welcomed by a museum educator and given an overview of the museum. $3.00 per student, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Time: 1- 2 hours, plus 1/2 hour for lunch
- Grade Level: Pre-kindergarten through 12th grade
- Group Size: Maximum of 200 students. Eight students per chaperone required.
- Tour Availability: July – February, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. March – June, Mondays, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please note that due to high visitation during the spring field trip season, Mondays will be the only days available for self-guided touring in March – June. Self-guided visits will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis with limited availability.
- Cost: Discounted March - April: $3 per student. One chaperone per eight students admitted free; additional chaperones pay $3.25 each. / Regular $6 per student. One chaperone per eight students admitted free; additional chaperones pay $6.50 each.
Tours of the History Center exhibits immerse students in history by examining objects, images, and the stories of people who impacted this region. Visits can be guided by knowledgeable and engaging museum docents or educators can choose to facilitate their own museum experience. To reserve your tour, please complete the Education Program Request Form. For more information about tours, please contact Maggie Satler, Group Tour Coordinator, at 412-454-6304 or email@example.com.
Register to receive periodic eNewsletters from the History Center’s Education Department, including announcements of special opportunities, calendars of upcoming exhibits, and themed lesson plans and instructional content.
(*) required field