- History Center: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.
- Detre Library & Archives: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wednesday - Saturday, and by appointment
Senator John Heinz History Center
- Adults: $15
- Senior Citizens (62+): $13
- Retired & Active Duty Military: $6
- Students with a valid school ID: $6
- Children ages 6-17: $6
- Children ages 5 and under: Free
- History Center Members: Free
All rates include admission to the Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum, the Detre Library & Archives, and all exhibitions at the History Center. Admission to the Library & Archives is free for researchers with valid school ID, including students, teachers, and staff. Group tours are available for all our exhibits. To schedule a group tour please contact Maggie Satler, Group Tour Coordinator, at 412-454-6304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location & Parking
The History Center is conveniently located at 1212 Smallman Street in Pittsburgh's historic Strip District.
View Senator John Heinz History Center Parking in a larger map
Click here to download a History Center parking map (PDF).
- 12th & Smallman Lot: Click here to view rates. History Center members receive a flat discounted $4 rate at the 11th & Smallman Street lot, subject to availability. Members are required to show their membership card to the lot attendant in order to receive the discount.
- 13th & Smallman Street Lot: $6 per day
- 15th & Smallman Lot: Click here to view rates.
- 16th & Smallman Street Lot: $3 per day. Located behind the Produce Terminal.
- Convention Center Garage: Click here to view rates.
- Grant Street Transportation Center Garage: Click here to view rates. Located at the confluence of 11th Street, Liberty Avenue, Penn Avenue & 12th Street.
- Public Transportation: Port Authority offers bus service to the Strip District and nearby downtown.
For more information, please contact the History Center at 412-454-6000, or click here for the full staff directory.
History Center exhibits, including the Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum and Detre Library & Archives, are fully accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs and baby strollers are available to visitors on a first come, first served basis. Sign-language interpreters are available for tours and programs with advance notice to ensure availability. To schedule a sign language interpreter, please contact Maggie Satler, group tour coordinator, at 412-454-6304 or email@example.com. The History Center welcomes all visitors requiring the assistance of service animals.
Mixstirs Cafe, located on the History Center's first floor, is open to the public 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, and offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages. Please click here for a menu (PDF) and nutritional information (PDF).
Brochures & Visitor Guides
- Senator John Heinz History Center Visitor Guide (PDF)
- Senator John Heinz History Center Brochure (PDF)
- Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum Brochure (PDF)
- Fort Pitt Museum (PDF)
- Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village (PDF)
- Library & Archives Brochure (PDF)
Information about regional attractions can be found at the History Center's Visitor Information Center, located on the first floor.
Fort Pitt Museum
Please click here for Fort Pitt Museum visitor information.
Meadowcroft Rockshelter and
Please click here for Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village visitor information.